Welcome to NoSQL-Net 2015 - 2nd International Workshop on NoSQL Databases, Emerging Database Technologies and Applications. Following the successful first year, the workshop will again be held in conjunction with DEXA 2015 conference, this time in Valencia, Spain. It will be a one-day workshop scheduled during the main conference, i.e. September 1 - 4, 2015.
Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMSs) have been the predominant database systems over the last decades; they are established and mature systems with a declarative standard language SQL that offers complex operations (like joins) and their tabular data format is simple, strong, widely used and easy-to-understand. However, recent developments in distributed storage systems and large amount of data, so-called “Big Data”, have revealed some inherent weaknesses of the relational model.
The new research challenges, that will be addressed in this workshop, are related to:
- the emerging methods and techniques leveraged in NoSQL databases,
- the alternative technologies for solving different Big Data workload–related problems,
- the emerging database technologies and applications (mobile databases, multimedia databases, geographical information systems, biological / bioinformatics databases, sensor data management),
- the NoSQL advantages in Social networking and Semantic Web applications,
- the emerging pan-European data infrastructure that will enable interoperability, interlinking and reuse of open data in public and also commercial services, and
- the need for enhanced security in the forthcoming business models (e-government, e-commerce).
- May 26, 2015 - the details regarding fees and deadlines are provided here, the details about registration here
- May 25, 2015 - notification of acceptance/rejection was sent, camera-ready instructions are evailable here
- May 20, 2015 - notification of acceptance/rejection was extended to May 25, 2015 (the deadline for camera ready versions was extended to June 26, 2015)
- Apr 17, 2015 - paper review process started
- Apr 15, 2015 - notofocation of acceptance was extended to May 20, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015 - paper submission deadline was extended to April 13, 2015
- Mar 16, 2015 - 3rd Call for Papers
- Mar 2, 2015 - 2nd Call for Papers
- Feb 16, 2015 - 1st Call for Papers
- Feb 15, 2015 - PC was formed, submission system was opened
- Jan 27, 2015 - workshop web site was set up
Project number 01DS13026 "NoSQL-Net: Verwaltung von verknüpften Daten in NoSQL-Datenbanken unter Schemaevolution"